Thursday 13 September 2012

Wooden It Be Niiiice

Fallen, so very far
Well, I rang the tech and I'm pleased to say that The Golden Shower One should be completed soon, which is cool.

So why do I feel like a geezer just out of prison after thirty years who finds a shoe repair ticket in his returned clothes, goes to the repair shop and the bloke behind the counter tells him that they'll be done next Tuesday?

But as it isn't today, I guess I'd better get on and make myself another Jooky to play with.

So after yet more prevarication, today is the day I'm going to finally face my demons and get the neck pocket sorted out on The Fallen One.

I've got Marcy Mojo's pickups and loom staring at me on my desk (I say desk, but conceptually it is true, even though they are technically on the floor) and even though the new router is going to be another 28 days (!) I'm going to be brave.

I've put 999 on speed dial, assuming I have the fingers left to press the button.

Hmmm. Might have to praccy with my nose first.

Actually, I just did, and it hurts.

Anyway, before then I've got all the parts out just so that I can remind myself how cool it will look when I finally do it, and I was right to as it is an inspiring looking pile of wood and twisted metal thingies.

As you can see I took the easy approach and fitted the pickups/loom to the scratchplate, the lefty Klusons still need to be found and put onto the neck and generally tried everything for size.

Resurrected, with a few bits missing
Very pretty, so it is just the mundane matter of the neck pocket and drilling some holes for the bridge and fixing the pickup routing hole things. Easy. Simple, especially when you say it quick. I even remembered to order an extra set of strap pins.

So, I'd better be getting on with it then, hadn't I?

Just make a cuppa first, steady me nerves.

Won't take five minutes
.
Lovely

**** Musicless Interlude ****

Well, I have to tell you. First of all I started putting The Fallen One together, never quite got as far as the router, but pretty close. Closest yet, has to be said. Didn't quite turn it on, but it was a close thing.
I might have.

Then the neck arrived for The Resurrected One, but not the rest of the parts I'd been waiting for.

So no Jookies to play (as the Austria-bound-duo are both en-package) but all of a sudden I can do something about it.

So tomorrow could simply put, be amazing.

I might even brave the router. I've got 999 on speed dial, did I mention that?

Did I?

Did I?

La la laaa



2 comments:

Nellus said...

I love it almost as much as smile.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Cheers Nellus, it feels like it is taking as long to be completed... :)