Friday 14 September 2012

Introducing: The Resurrected One

Well, I'm pleased to introduce you to the latest Jooktastic plank, The Resurrected One, which I'm rather chuffed-to-bits with, has to be said.

For the regular viewer (you know who you are in your scabby Y-fronts, eating take aways out of tin trays) it is a kinda response to the wanton destruction of my lovely The B Movie One, in so far as I've re-used Mr Mojo's stunning TV Jones-sized P90s and wiring, and the scratchplate I chopped out of an old record. Think that is about it though.

But the guitar, and it is clearly based on a Fender la Cabronita - probably the coolest thing they've come out with in decades.

The body is a lovely chunk of swamp ash, that has been hand stained (I have the perma-tanned palms to prove it) before getting a good dose of hard wax oil, which is sheeny and beautiful.

The neck is maple/rosewood and tuners at the top are Wilkinson's take on the classic Klusons, but with the sneaky EZ-Lock double holes for super speedy string changes without the usual acupuncture (unless that is just me and Klusons).

Pickups are as I mentioned, Mojo P90s, it is a hard tailed bridge, strung thru for maximum sustainingness and I even remembered the strap pins and right chunky monkeys they are too.

As for sounds, well the pickups nail the sexy raunch of a P90 to a tee - how the boy keeps coming up with pickups this good, I really don't know, but I'm going to keep buying them until he turns into an Asian factory and loses it, like all the others before. Actually, can't see him doing that tbh.

So there we are, my lovely monster and I'm off to get a nice Hiscox case for it before it goes anywhere near a courier.

La la laaaa







No comments: