Thursday 20 September 2012

Death Defying Routering

Well, not a lot happening today - I waxed the three guitars and then gave them another coat, so that should dry overnight and I can get the other sides done tomorrow. Which will be nice.

I also gave some frets some shininess and oiled the 'board of The Tickled Pink One, so they are ready to rock 'n' roll, baby.

After that I thought I'd have a praccy with the router again, but it seems that not only do the sharp bits randomly fly off at times, but the tightening arm bit that lets you set the depth is also a bit likely to slowly ease things deep and down. Worse I didn't notice, so the neck pocket is a wee bit deeper than intended, by a couple of centimetres (ahem). Luckily it was on a scrap body I wasn't planning to use anyway, but I really hope that the new router comes soon. This one is a bit of a liability methinks. (I know I should have noticed but I was more bothered about staying out of eye line of the bit when it went flying again.

Anyway, such is life.

La la laaa.

No comments: