Saturday 1 September 2012

Insomnia and Gold Digging

Now that's what I call gold
Well, not that I'm obsessing, but I couldn't sleep so I've been checking on the Lightning Dragon scratchplate, to see whether the varnish  has dried on the gold leafified scratchplate, and it seems to be pretty close.

We used an ageing lacquer for this, which is what I used all that time ago on The Old Burny One as it gives the gold a really deep 'lustre' or maybe makes it more yellowy-shiny, I'm really not sure. It looks kinda cool though and stunning against the body.

Once that dries, and I'm hoping that will be sometime this weekend, we can bang it all together, which will feel good.

Getting back to the normal chaos, next week is all about The Fallen One, although I can't imagine I'll leave The Betty  Blue One alone for long, so don't be too surprised if...

I do want to get that pair sorted out before I start chopping wood with abandon. I also need to finally get the parts together for The Travellin' Man One which is starting to get silly.

But anyway....

La la laaaaaaaaaa

2 comments:

Crazy Eddie said...

I love that finish so much! I want to try it.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

You really should, it looks amazing, especially if you rough it up a wee bit. The faux gold is a lot easier to work with, mind and bizarrely looks more realistic (if than makes sense)