Monday 10 September 2012

WIP: The Resurrected One

Well, I know I should have been finishing The Betty Blue One today, but I got a little sidetracked with The Resurrected One, and what can I do? Only humanish after all.

Anyway, the finish had all set very nicely, looks simply deevine, and so I transplanted the bits from The B Movie One I had decided to use. Not a lot in fact, just the Mojo P90 pickups and wiring and err, the scratchplate I'd cut out of an old LP. But it's the thought that counts when it comes to resurrections, let's face it.

Other than that, there are only a few jobs to do to finish it...

1. The neck needs to arrive and to be nailed to the body. I've gone for a rosewood boarded one,

2. I need to find some screws to fit the pickups as I destroyed the ones I'd previously used,

3. I need to connect the pickups back to the loom, and

4. Obviously I need to get some strap pins, as I'd already grave-robbed the B Movie's ones for young Betty Blue.

No respect, no respect at all.

So basically, assuming the neck shows up I may actually get both The Betty Blue and Resurrected Ones finished this week. Seems unlikely, I know, but it is a time of miracles.

Oh, and lovely to see that Mr Mojo is the first to donate to The Tickled Pink thingy. Cheers Marc. :o)

La la laaaaa





No comments: