Saturday 15 September 2012

All You Need Is Lurve

Well, it was good to get The Resurrected One finitoed, not least because it sounds and plays so blinkin' good. Buoyed-up I even had another go with the router in preparation of so much more, but something snapped which I'm starting to think is fatal, so I'm back to waiting for my new one to arrive.

So in the meantime, I've been looking around and it seems to me that I really should get on with The Tickled Pink One next week as basically, everything else on the wishlist is awaiting parts.

As I keep changing my mind, I'm going to get definitive.

No, I am.

So, it is a lovely swamp ashed body of the La Cabronita ilky persuasion.

Neck is a nice maple/rosewood Tele jobby, with tuners of some type I haven't decided on yet. I'm thinking Gotoh though or maybe err, something else. We'll see when we get there..

The body will be dark stained back and sides, and maybe top too, who knows.

The top however will feature a lovely bit of pink ribboned fabric, with a pickguard made from a Beatles record, 'All You Need Is Love' which as it is Andrew and his future Missus' first dance seems fitting in lots of ways for this guitar.

Marcy Mojo is making me something special in the pickup department, we're going for a single something at the bridge with wiring from the chappy too.

As for the bridge, it'll be a fixed one obviously, thru-body-stringing and that is about that.

All good stuff indeed.

Just the teensy matter of getting my arse in gear to do something.

Cheers are due to Mr Gorman himself for the donation to the Tickled Pink charity bobbins, and for generally mushing the whole place up. I didn't even realise I'd eaten sweetcorn never mind carrots.

Gammon indeedy.

La la laaaa

No comments: