Thursday 27 September 2012

Have Marigold, Ready To Ream

Well, Day 4 of the bratski-infestation of Jookyland, so me and the sidekick are on a mission to try and get The Tickled Pink One sorted out, along with shooing a couple of the other stalwarts of the Coming Soon list in the right direction.

I can't face getting beaten at any more board games, I have to be honest.

So, for the Tickler, today Team Jook will be doing:

1. Fit tuners. I went in the end for a set of Wilkinson pre-aged nickel covered ones, as they are solid and predictable in a good way. I need to ream out the 6mm holes so that the 10mm tuners will peep thru, so that is the place to start. A single Marigold glove is of course essential.

2. I realised last night that I had neglected to fashion (turn to the left) a rear cavity cover (turn to the right), so I'll also be doing that. I'm going to see whether I can make a see thru one out of an 'old' (as in not mine) CD case, so that Mr Mojo's fluro-pink capacitor can be seen more easily. If that proves not to be viable, I'll make one out of a record to match the 'plate, I expect.

3. Fit the neck. I need to drill it to match the body and get it joined at the hip. I'll put a couple of strings on even without the pickups so I can get the angle of the jangle sorted out for a decent action.

4. String Trees. I went for a modern version, well, modernish.

5. If Herpes deliver them today, I'll hopefully get the pickups and loom in. Similarly, if the posty arrives with the electrosocket thing, I'll bang that one home too.

And that is about that. So post of different shades permitting, I'm hoping to have The Tickled Pink One playable by the weekend, which would be nice, has to be said.

Other than the Pinkster, I'll be finishing  The Fallen One's body in hard wax, and similarly coating the pickguard for The TV Dinner One.

Get me, eh? Mr Productivity.

So all-in-all, it could be a busy day, but hopefully there be light at tunnels end.

Of course, I may just fall asleep. If she lets me.

La la laaaa

No comments: