Thursday 6 September 2012

Resurrection Two

Well, OK. It has been a slow start, a quiet middle and we're hitting the end-of-the-week at an alarming pace, but I am feeling quite pleased this morning, even if it is a bit of a scrappy victory I'm savouring.

What put the smile on my mush?

Well, I finished the staining of The Resurrected One yesterday and got a couple of coats of wax oil on the back, and this morning all the stinky pain, light headedness and need-for-a-new-carpet, almost seem worthwhile as it looks divine. No, it looks stunning. I should never undersell such superlatively laden beatification.

I have to admit, I did wonder here and there about the colour, but it looks as though it has worked out, and hopefully I'll get the front done by the start of next week too.

As for the rest of the bobbins, well I'm going to transplant the Mojo P90s and wiring loom from The B Movie One, and probably the vinyl scratchplate too. Along with those there is a nice rosewood boarded neck on it's way, which is cool and groovy, and there we will be in cloverland.

I know I shouldn't say this, but I think I might have to keep this one (ahem).

In other news, school has interrupted the flow de la Dragon de Lightning, but Friday we should finish it off, which I'm looking forward to as the only thing worse than a stuttering start is a stutteringly stultified end. Plus I can't stand the nagging. Actually, she has totally lost interest and it is me doing the nagging, but there we are.

My Old China should be here Friday now, apparently, so that is something to look forward tutu.



I've been thinking about amps and have kinda got it down to a Vox Night Train (the full fat one) or maybe a Vox AC15. Either would be lovely, but I'm going to go and find somewhere that has them and try them before I buy for once. I know, any more of this maturity bobbins and I'll be shaving my chest.

But back to my wire wool and waxing oil.

If I only had a chamois.


La la laaa


No comments: