Thursday 27 September 2012

WIP: The TV Dinner One

Well, things moved along, if not to plan then at leastforwardlyish.

The TV Dinner One made the most progress in the end, with the 'plate bolted on and the control plate all sorted out too. That is looking mighty fine in a traditional Tele kinda way. Apart from fitting the tuners, when the pickups and wiring come we'll be there on that.

I'm loving the look of the walnut body and it feels proper even as it stands, and as I'd forgotten that the loom has solid of shaft pots and got the wrong knobs, but after a quick visit to Axesrus with a bit of luck the knobs will arrive tomorrow, and I slipped in a wee ash tray cover just for good measure. It's gonna be a good 'un, I can feel it in me water.

As for The Tickled Pink One, well tuners are on, neck is drilled and again it is just a case of adding a smidge of the leccy stuff and we'll be there in clover. Must do the rear cavity cover though, forgot about that.

Elsewhere, The Fallen One is drying and will be ready to go together in the next day or two and The Confused One now has a neck to boast of.

Will anything get finished tomorrow? I hope so, but we'll see, and to be fair if the brat is school bound I'll probably be playing with the router anywaysup.

La la laaa





No comments: