Wednesday 26 September 2012

I've Fallen For A New Body

Fallen For A New Body
Well, I had a nice swamp ash Jazzmaster body turn up yesterday (not quite what I was expecting, but there we are.)

And as the router isn't likely to get much use in the nearest future, I decided to do something radical and use this for The Fallen One instead. The other one will no doubt find a home later on.

Makes a change it is normally every other part of the guitar that I change my mind over.

Anyway, I should at least be able to do something with that today, so I am thinking that I will dark stain it as per the original idea, and there we are. Electrik yet Kool.

One slight needle is that the bridge I have doesn't fit, and daft though it seems I hadn't really looked closely at it before as I was having to drill the hole for it  - whilst on the new body it is already done.

But for another bridge, not this one. If that makes any kinda of sense.

And Lift
Which set my head straight anyway, as I was thinking of getting a Mustang one for it anyway, so this sealed it.

Other than that, I have all the parts to hand for once so with a bit of elbow grease we should be in business and if I'm done before the bridge turns up I can always nick the one off my Jazzmaster. OK, maybe not, I'd only end-up selling it as a project after months of not remembering to replace it.

I'm really looking forward to getting this one finished as it is the first Jooky with a proper Jazzmaster Trem and there is still nothing to match a Jazzmaster in this boy's affections.

Plus I now have another Jazzmaster body, which makes me feel good about the world.

As for other things, well there were no shiny new parts in the post yesterday so hopefully I'll be ticking pinkly today instead. I am in Half full cuppa mode, clearly.

+++ Music Free Interludish Time +++

Well, as you can hopefully see, before I finished writing I couldn't help but nip out into the damp cold frozen zone and get going with the Dark Oak stain. And jolly nice it looks too...lovely.

La la laaaa


Au Natrel

Au err, stained


2 comments:

Crazy Eddie said...

Niiiice. Reminds me of doing mine...

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Cool - it's been a very long time coming, but I can't wait now it is finally happening.. :)