Tuesday 11 September 2012

Ooah Betty

Well, blimey, I never expected that. I mean I had little idea, many fewer expectations (for the nations), but - crikey.

I mean, I knew I liked how The Betty Blue One had turned out visually - I just loved the idea that there are all these makers putting veneers on guitars to make them look posh, while Betty is veneered to look scratty, bless her.

OK, it's my sense of humour, but it turned out better than I could have hoped. So it looks great to these eyes.

But I didn't think the vibrato would be so good and I didn't know how the Mojo Tele P90 would sound either. And it sounds awesome. I mean it has the old Esquire wiring, which gives you plenty of flexibility, but I don't think I've taken it off the middle setting for more than a few minutes, a twiddle of the tone and it sounds amazing in lots of ways. Proper P90 sound, takes your face off. Curdles your loin.

As for the Xtrem, it is more stable than the Bigsby on Old Honey, and that is stable in excelsis for a Bigsby already. So that's a good thing. I'm sure it is.

As for what is next, well if the neck and the rest arrive for The Resurrected One I'll be doubly chuffed. If not I might just brave the router and see where that takes me. Takes me home.

La la laaa

No comments: