Tuesday 4 September 2012

Of Resurrection and Tinnitus Cured

Well, can't quite believe how quiet it is here today, minus the drone of Spongebob, constant requests for squash and I don't know what else.

Too quiet, perhaps. Maybe I should do something.

And luckily, my first day of freedom has been punctuated by the arrival of the body for The Resurrected One, which if you remember is the Elvis Comeback Special of a guitar I thought I'd make in memory of my dearly departed The B Movie One.

Oddly UPS brought the body without breaking it. Not quite sure how they managed that.

Anyway, lovely it is too, and I am seriously considering whether to give it a similar finish to the B Movie One, as it is equally pretty.

Narrr. Can't be doing that.

Anyway, it is a two piece chunk of swamp ash, and the plan is to give it a stain and hard wax oil finish. From there it will either have the original Mojo P90s Marc made for me - TV Jones size and lush - or something else like TV Jones or Gretsch pickups. I don't know in truth.

I have a nice rosewood boarded neck on it's way too, and there we be.

Other than that, today is a bit of a finish off sort of thing, methinks.

La la laaa



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely. :)

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Cheers DD - it looks grand, not so whited-out in reality... :)