Wednesday 26 September 2012

Love, Love, Love....

Well, a first instalment of parts arrived today, so other than staining the Fallen, I managed to put strap pins and bridges on to the others (remembering to drill ground wire holes handraulically), and an Esquire plate on The Confused One - think I'll leave that as plain black - and I have started to smother the 'plate for The TV Dinner One in bronze, with copper and acid to follow.

Got spanked on Scalextric by the six-year-old though, so it wasn't all good.

As far as The Tickled Pink One goes, I made holes in the Fab 4 scratchplate with an old soldering iron, chopped off the excess melted placcy stuff with a Stanley knife, and then screwed it to the body with old and rusty screws.

Somebody asked me whether I would be playing safe with the Tickled Pink One, so I think I probably am. I haven't even thought about setting it alight yet.

Though....nah. better not.

Anyway, I followed this with a nice circle of rusty screws all around the body as, well, I liked the idea and I'm pleased with how it turned out. Tis all good.

And that is about as far as I can go right now. I did forget a bridge for The Confused One, so I need to sort that out, and I'm still waiting for control plates, electrosockets and a few other bits, but they should be here tomorrow, as will the pickups and wiring from Marcy Mojo.

Another quick thank you, firstly to Marc at Mojo who has donated the pickup and loom for The Tickled Pink One, and to ESBlonde from Music Radar-land, who sent me some strings to go with the guitar on it's travels and £20 which has already hit the Just Giving page. It is really cool how many people are chipping in, in lots of ways, and long may it last. This is before there even is a guitar or we've started to get it moving around the country.

But there we go, the brat will be back at school the 'morrow, so hopefully I'll get tuners installed along with string trees and necks connecting to bodies. Oh, and I need to finish the finish on The Fallen One, that is pretty and cool too.

La la laaaa

No comments: