Saturday 30 June 2012

Like a Butterfly Under A Tricycle

Well, The Raymond One now has a full dose of paisleyness and is lovely and bright. Almost seems a shame to cover the top up, but then, tis a hard knock life. I'll do some fotos later on.

I am feeling rather horrible now though, it has to be said, as when I'd left Raymondo drying, it seems a butterfly decided to err, flutter by, and somehow ended-up upside-down in a dollop of glue. And well, basically snuffed it.

Departed.

Tis now an ex-butterfly and all that Python stuff people quote without realising it wasn't funny in the first place and that it only makes them look like right plums.

But the dead butterfly. It made me a bit sad.

What a waste.

(Actually, it may be a moth, but "flutter by little butterfly" sounds better than "th mo little moth".)

But anyway, it isn't good and I only hope the wee thing was glued-up in more ways than one and didn't suffer. I do wonder if I should bury him, maybe under the walnut burr veneer, so he is part of The Raymond One forever, or is that just too weird?

I don't know.

I guess I've never gotten over Jurassic Park and all those mozzies in amber.

Anyway, I'm starting on the paisleyness of The Travellin' Man One while Raymondo dries over the weekend, and I can lacquer then burr, as it were, next week.

Young Mojo Marc sent me some more fotos of the pups for The B Movie One, so they will no doubt arrive next week sometime too and then I'll have something else to stress over.

But back to The Raymond and Travellin' Man Ones, I think I've sorted everything in my head apart from pickups and wire for these two now, so I need to think about them I guess and start to do some shopping when I have pennies to rub together.

The Raymond One is HH so I'm going to go for a Mojo Wide Range Humbucker and probably some sort of PAF type, as between them they should give some nice tones to play with.

The Travellin' Man One is HSS and is going to have a couple of single coils and a splittable 'bucker at the bridge. This will be a bit of a hot PAF, I think. I'm really tempted by a couple of lipstick pickups for a bit of bluesy bite, but we'll have to see.

Obviously, a bit more fun to be had there, methinks, so who knows where we'll wash-up in truth.

Both will have Strat trems, so I'm thinking of the Gotoh/Wilkinson ones with the solid steel block to make them all zingy like new toothpaste, and tuners I haven't really decided about yet, but probably Grovers or Gotohs, I can't decide such things yet.

I seem to be fast approaching the guitars-coming-out-of-my-ears scenario once more, worse if the new bridge for the Marauder - The Ronin One - ever arrives, but there we are. Though The Fabulous One is jangling into a new pasturally sunset, so that's one of my kids less to worry about, just got to teach it to cook for itself before it goes.

But I am a little haunted at the moment, by the butterfly crushed beneath the Jooky tricycle, it has to be said.

La la laaaa

2 comments:

Chris Gorman said...

It's a sign, dude. In the Ray Bradbury short story "A Sound of Thunder", the death of a simple butterfly in the prehistoric past ends up changing the present dramatically! And this guitar is the Raymond One! How much more destiny can one guy handle? None more!

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Good point...might explain why a man will be tripped over by a wench playing a uke in Japan somewhere tomorrow evening...