Monday 11 June 2012

Scratchin' Around

Well, I got a couple or three LPs the other day, and am trying to make my mind up which would be the best to use for a scratchplate, for The JoBo One.

The three I got (after trawling thru the K-Tels and Easy Listening masterpieces of house clearance hell) were:

1. Beach Boys - 20 Golden Greats - which is the same one my Dad had when I was a kid and I played to death, and has a surf vibe that kinda fits with a pink paisley Telemaster, I think.

2. Fleetwood Mac's - Rumours: Which doesn't have Peter Green on and isn't really that bluesy, but I like the cover, and

3. Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms, which basically, I don't mind chopping up too much.

Actually, Mark Knopfler is who Joe Bonamassa reminds me of, thinking about it. Hmmm...

On past performance all three of these will no doubt be shattered in moments and I'll be back to pick up Demis Roussos and Pam Ayres instead - and what a night that could be - but I think I'll wreck them in that order and fingers-crossed one of them might be usable-ish.

Actually, I didn't even realise people bought a vinyl version of Brothers In Arms, I thought we were all meant to buy a CD Player so you could enjoy the depth of Walk of Life and the rest, after of course spreading jam over it and feeling cosy in the knowledge that it would last forever. Always sounded more of a threat to me, that part.

But there we are...it'll be worth it in the end

La la laa

No comments: