Friday 1 June 2012

So Very Nearly, So Very Muchly Not

Well, I have to say today has been kinda frustrating. Nowt has been as simple as it should, every screw head has broken off or rounded, I've demolished a chunk of the stairs with my nose and when I've come to put The Raspberry Ripple One together, it has been like honey trekking. Most annoyingly slow of going.

But despite all the having to trim scratchplates, ream holes, burn holes in the kitchen table and play hunt-the-brown-spring-on-the-brown carpet, it has somehow come together and turned into a guitar. In fact it looks very nice and all that is left to do is a couple of blobs of solder and to put some strings on.

Obviously, that was the point when I remembered the Jubilee party at the bratskis school, so it is still unsoldered thanks to Britannia ruling the waves and calls to get us all to crush rebellious Scots or something.

Actually, that was the National Anthem, wasn't it?

Anyway, I'm hoping that I will get a chance to do that last thingy later and just about hit me deadest-of-lines and have something new to play over the holibobs.

I do of course have a pickup-less Gordo now, which I'll have to think about, but there we be.

Speaking of thinking, I've been having a ponder at the stash I got from Simon, and I am verily tempted to use the Telemaster body for The Jobo One. I just think it could look super cool in pink paisley with touches of corrosion to set it off, and I'll always use the Tele body when it finally arrives anyway. Maybe even with that mythical walnut burr laminated on top So the telemaster - it just seems a shame to leave it there doing nowt much at all, after all.

So that is the new plan - The Jobo One is going to be a Telemaster. Sorted.

Must buy some grain filler, among well, everything else I've run out of.

La la laaa

No comments: