Wednesday 6 June 2012

The Third Guitar

The Third Guitar
Coming Soon
Many Times
Well, I've sort of made a big deal about buying lots of guitars recently.

And I've kinda gone on about selling them again.

And then I've made some I want to keep.

And then I've sold them too.

It may not make a lot of sense.

I can see that.

OK, it doesn't, and to this chaos I should bring order, but, well, OK it won't happen, but to at least give an impresh of an ordered mind....I've decided that:

1. I like making guitars.

2. I like playing guitars.

3. I don't like owning lots of guitars as I get stressed about it.

4. I don't know why that be.

5. I really should just get what I want and stick with it, and carry on making Jookies for that bit-on-the-side-that-keeps-life-interesting sort of thing.

So, that is what I'm thinking of doing.

This time.

I'm going to carry on making my Jooky dahlinks and they can keep moving on to pay for the next one.

Simple.

In the time between the two events I get to play guitars I really love. Which is a good thing.

Personally, I really only want/need/can cope with two or three electrics of my own at any one time.

There is my Jazzmaster which is sacrosanct and going nowhere.

There is my Gordo which I think isn't worth selling and I fall in love with it again everytime I play it.

And then there is The-Third-Guitar.

(There was a drum-roll there, in case you didn't spot it.)

Now the third one, I don't actually know what it is.

Some days it is a Les Paul Standard, others it is a Jaguar and more yet others it is a Vox Teardrop, a Ricky 620 and a Firebird.

But the important thing is that this is the little blank box in one of those slidy puzzle games where it is the only space that can be changed and only one piece will fit there at a time.

It is my own little revolving door.

My sanctuary,
my little pot of Gassy madness.

Not much of a metaphor or allegory or parable and I don't even know whether it is ironic or not, but I guess what I mean is that I can have one other guitar as a 'Keeper' and it will be the one I change over time.

For I surely will.

So a Keeper that I will change.

Yep, that makes sense.

As for right now, with everything going, the 3rd spot is up for grabs, which is fun in a TBA kinda way.

Of course this separation is a cop out, and I can find a million excuses to convince myself of whatever I want on any given day, but I feel as though I am trying and it is the thought that counts.

Such is the life.

La La laaaaa

No comments: