Thursday 14 June 2012

Driller Killer

Well, today is offish day 2 of the Fab saga, and with no couriers, children or floods (so far) to blight my crops, I'm going to brave the drill and hopefully get on with the finishing if I don't mess that up.

I had a good squirrel and I'm thinking that maybe I imagined the bridge and tailpiece arriving, or that I've thrown them out with the wrapping, which is more probably possible, so I've ordered replacements for the replacements of the replacements, and hopefully they will arrive this week. Or at least before I finish the rest as god knows, I do hate to be kept waiting.

In other news, it has suddenly dawned on me that if I can get competent at the routing holes and slots out of chunks of wood, it actually opens all sorts of doors as far as making odd and wondrously weird guitars. Which might sound odd but there was a bit of a gap between me thinking I might give-it-a-go and it actually proving to be useful. A gap in my brain.

I know.

It has been staring me in the face.

I admit I am a little slow at times.

So I intend to Percy McVere and gambol into a future of unlikely rhomboids and learn how to use a ruler and everything until I can actually be a useful-type who can take old planks and make, well, new planks..

It will be so cool, I might actually do it.

Sometime.

Back in reality-ville, I seem to have acquired a gorgeous-of-grain swamp ash Tele body routed for a couple of TV Jones, not thinking that I haven't got any TV Jones shaped pickups and that I have a pile of wood/bodies off young Simon that I haven't exactly dented in a good way either. But it is very pretty, almost seems a shame to cover it up. I will, but it will feel a shame.

But anyway, holes to drill, wounds to dress, that sort of thing.

Laters m'dearies.

La la laa

No comments: