Friday 8 June 2012

And then, one day, there may be....The Raymond One

The Gypsy One
I Lurrved It So
Well, still on a vapourific bent, one I keep mentioning is that I've long wanted to do another veneered Tele, as I loved the rosewood-topped The Gypsy One, and more to the point I have some lovely walnut burr laminate sitting doing nothing.

And like Ol' Mama Nature, I abhor a vacuum more than anything.

Apart from, perhaps, emptying one.

Anyway, the thing I love about The Gypsy One is the sheer ramshackleness of the finish. I butchered the veneer and used rust around the edges for that authentically dilapidated feel, and it sounded grand. And basically, I haven't gone this route since and feel I want to. So there. Unburnished Fizzyness, as it were.

As for The Raymond One, I want it to be another Tele, walnut burr veneered front over a lovely deep
red paisley so that it peeps thru the splinters. I like the err, (excuse the attempt at appearing of-this-Century) "mash-up" of different finishes and I have just figured that this would work. In my head at least.

I may be wrong, but who would know if I didn't at least try?

Not me anyway.

Oh and a couple of twangy 'buckers for the noisnikness. I'm thinking I might pair a Mojotron with one of their Wide Rangers and see where that gets me. Or maybe a P90, I don't know in truth. I just make this up as I go along, let's face it.

So again in the vapour-stakes, this is one more for the list, though as it doesn't involve grave personal danger, cowardice might see it happen sooner rather than terrah-a-bit-later-on.

In case you are wondering what all this talk is about, it is really because I can't actually do much this week and it has given me the 'opportunity' to think about what I do want to make. Sometimes it is suggested by the parts I have and others it isn't. Hope that helps.

Today though, in between chasing Wendy houses around the garden in windy gales, I'm going to try to start the body work and generally get some paisley onto The JoBo One.

La la laaa

No comments: