Thursday 14 June 2012

WIP: The Fabulous One

Step 1. Baywatch Bronzed
Well, I managed not to kill myself with the leccy drill, though I did somehow press the button picking it up and set it off so that a black bag wrapped itself halfway up my arm before I realised I should take my finger off the trigger. Which is probably a good argument against National Service.

Either way, it  was a shame as it meant the pottery artwork of the bratskis, which was resting on the bag at the time got distributed widely, in fragments.

But on-topic, there are now a variety of holes in The Fabulous One, into which the pot, socket, neck and pickup all fit and there we are. No blood on the tracks,  which is a bonus, just pottery fragments on the floor, which isn't.

I even remembered to drill the holes and fit the neck on The JoBo One while I was in the mood and as young Mr Mojo is winding tonight it might be a Fabby runner in the next week or so.

Step 2. Tarred With An Acidic Brush
All of which means that The Fabulous One has moved on a notch and is in finishing heaven.

In the end I decided to go for a blue corroded bronze on the back and sides, with a blue/green corroded copper on the front, which I think will look pretty cool if I don't mess it up. Hopefully you can see the acid in action on the back (in the fotos, I don't mean you are some kinda peeping stalker, that would just be rude) and hopefully it will be done tomorrow so that it can dry over the weekend.


Step 3. Err, wait a while...
One thing I'm going to try a bit differently, is to go for a Danelectro inspired faux-binding effort around the edges, which will either work wonderfully or you'll never hear me mention again, I expect.

But that is for tomorrow, I need to get my story straight on the ceramic front.


La la laaa

No comments: