Friday 8 June 2012

WIP: The JoBo One

Well, as expected there hasn't been a lot of Jookyness this week, but I have at least started to paisleyficate The Jobo One today, in all it's Prom Queen splendourness. And you can't complain too much with that in your Versace manbag.

I think I said before, but Marc at Mojo is winding me one of his lush Broadcaster pickups and doing me a nice ye olde specc'd Esquire wiring loom, so that is me off the hook for the tricky stuff.

I have a lovely maple neck for it and I think I've got all the other parts apart from that I need to chop a scratchplate, which I'm looking forward to with bitter almondy relish.

I'm not quite sure whether to just go for a plain black 'plate or whether to go metallic and then match the headstock to it. Decisions, decisions. I guess plain would highlight the paisley better, so perhaps that is the answer. I have gone for the now traditionally Jooky Gretsch knobs for this one as, well, I like them. Sad I know, but there I am.

Other than that it is olde worlde Klusons, Wilkinson proper Tele plate, brass saddles (though groovy for the modern palate) and I don't know. Big strap pins maybe, was there anything else? I forget. I know I should really get an ash tray cover for the bridge, but sometimes, to be honest, I really can't be arsed. I probably will, but not today, eh?

Speaking of which, I forgot I needed to drill a few holes, just little things like for connecting the neck and pushing wires thru and that. Nothing critical, more your nice-to-haves-and-have-nots.

Hmmm. that would have been a brighter thing to do today prior to lolloping on with the finish
.
But anyway, here are some WIP piccies to delight and generally amaze.

Me if not you.

Just ignore the lack of practically hollow features for the moment. I'll get to them soon enough, promise.

La la laaa







2 comments:

harvey said...

I love your attitude to guitar building - bit of a Punk aesthetic going on.
I'm trying to come up with some different finishes myself and have thought of Dutch gold and silver leaf...basically because its cheap!
I usually paint my bodies in 1 shot enamels, geometric patterns, and am gonna try for a Gustav Klimt late 19th century look - the metal leaf will hopefully add a little something extra.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Hi Harvey

Yeah, punk as in not letting the fact I am clueless stop me doing it :)

Leaf is great fun, I've done a few with that - but don't tell people it is easy, they think I'm clever around here ;)

Love to see some fotos of yours :)