Thursday 28 June 2012

Something Seedy, Something Dirty New

Well, yesterday was a bit of a write-off, but it is paisley time today and there we are. The Craps Dice showed up - which look ridiculous yet cool, and will go well with The JoBo One I think.

Being slovenly did however give me some ponder time, and letharic of brain though I be and I know it is kinda my default setting, but I have *that* yearning again, the one where I make a single pickup Strat.

I'm not really sure why, but they are the only Strats I seem to like a lot of the time and there is something that just feels pukka about single pickup guitars. Maybe I'm just too lazy or indecisive  to use a switch, I don't know, but there we are. It is one of those, I just can't decide which.

Anyway, I have some bits 'n' pieces including my shiny Gretsch Humbucker, which I've been keeping like a shell in a pearl for just such an occasion, and I'm a bit excited at the prospect, it has to be said. I'm always the same, I get down to one guitar to play and then make another and then it goes mad - kid-in-sweety-shop style and I end-up with lots again and get all uber excited and well, talk a lot of rubbish really.

Anyway, back to the Strat and I want to do it completely in rusted iron, but I want to try something a little different with the finish and maybe another with a twist or two, not sure yet.

I'm going to dedicate it to a pub I went to a long time ago in Bristol so this will be The Old E One. If you ever went there, you'll be knowing what I mean.

Other than that I decided to drop the price on The Fabulous and JoBo Ones to £399 delivered in a hardcase as well, basically, why not.

La la laaa

No comments: