Friday 1 June 2012

Whole Lotta Wood

Well, what can I say apart from taverymuch to young Simon of Fusion fame, for delivering lots of woody goodness, which I hasten to mention came in the shape of some guitar bodies and blanks, and planks and templates and gord knows what else. Thought I'd better explain that in case you thought he was pushing little blue tablets or something.

From the top then, you can hopefully see a rather delish Strat body, and a flat-Strat type of thing and another of his stunningly cool Telemaster bodies and a lovely chunk of Tele-shaped ash.. All of which should keep me busy for weeks to come and no doubt delay wood-chopping-from-scratch even more, but there we are. At least there is a ton of wood to chop now when I do eventually  get my act together.. Nowhere to sleep, but plentitudal woodyness.

Other than that, only the scratchplate arrived for The Raspberry Ripple One so it is fingers-crissed for the day's post being more complete and that I'll be able to finish and have a guitar to play this weekend. (I have my Jazzymaster, of course, but not a lot else now that I've disemboweled my Gordo. *sigh*)

But walking on the bright side of the road, I have at least got the Raspberry scratchplate, so I can put the pickups in it and get it wired if nothing else, and the rest is handraulically mechanical so I can fit that in easily enough even if it isn't done today. But I hope it will be, as I really want to play this lil SG.

All of which means that I suddenly have lots of woodwork to do, and I can't keep finding excuses.

Yours, trying not to feel too very much daunted

La la, err, laaaa

No comments: