Tuesday 12 June 2012

WIP Again: The JoBo One

Do you think I have a fat arse?
Well, amazingly, The JoBo One is getting a lot closer to 'there' on a daily basis.

In fact, as you can hopefully see it is now sporting a rather trendily cool retro Beach Boys vinyl scratchplate and is only missing a pickup and the control plate/wiring bobbins.

Oh, and I went for Ye Olde ash tray bridge cover too, that was a late addition and should probably arrive tomorrow.

But it all looks rather nice. To say I'm stunned is obvious - most people think it is thyroid, but no I suffer from constant surprise - but there we are.

As for the scratchplate, I managed it on the first try of the day, in the end using my patented record-chopping-stratagem of sticking the record in the oven for thirty seconds so that it gets vaguely floppy, then attacking it with a craft knife until it crisps up again, then repeat until done.

After that I sanded the edges and there we be, simple.

As for the screw holes, I have an old soldering iron that dabbed those out easy peasie like, no bother.

I wish I'd done some fotos of the process now. Hmm, maybe I'll do another one later and do that.

Now if I can just find a 24 inch single, I might do a My Bloody Valentine one for my Jazzmaster.

So The JoBo One now is officially back to 'Waiting for Parts' status, and I can think about what is next.

La la laaa

No comments: