Wednesday 13 June 2012

Vaguely Fabulous

I've still not actually started
Well, as I probably hinted once or thrice, The JoBo One is awaiting the usual bobbins, so today I get to play at something else.

Tis a hard knock life, innit?

And the objet de m'affection today is The Fabulous One, which I really need to get my head around, and generally see where I'm at.

The story so far is a tale of an unwanted wee semi-acoustical body reminiscent of a Fender Coronado (though as it has some wood in the middle, hopefully minus the feedbacker-maximus attribute.)

This is to be paired with a nice Strat neck of my recent acquaintance with a set of Grover tuners to keep it on the straight and narrow.

As for the pickup, there is a curios of a stunner from the land of Mojo in the form of a proto-toaster, which may remind you of something Ricky-like, but clearly isn't in any way influenced. (Ahem)

This will be paired with a nice Mojo wiring harness if I can ever figure how to get it through the f-hole and no doubt sound jangletastically lovely.

As for the bridge and tailpiece, well it is an ABR type on a floating bit of rosewood, and currently AWOL is a tailpiece, which I thought I'd organised, but maybe haven't.

Nope. No closer to being finished from this angle either
Unless it arrived and I didn't notice which is always possible.

Actually, the bridge is AWOL too, so perhaps they eloped.

And finally, as all good stories end, it is going to be coloured in.

I'm thinking that it will be stained and oiled around the back and sides and then have a nice corroded copper top. Or maybe bronze, or more-maybe-even both, in fact.

I've kinda decided that I need a semi-acoustic as my third guitar - actually anything that works would be a bonus right now, and so the race is on between this and the Busted Riviera, and as that needs three pickups and a Bigsby this might just about sneak in, methinks.

And there we are.

So today, after all that pre-ambulation, I'm going to see what I actually need to do and what there is left to order.

And then, well, get on with it. Assuming the courier arrives before schools-out.

There are holes to drill and sanding to, well, sandulate and if I can get those trifles sorted, I may even get going with the holy doing-of-the-finish. I have one more wrinkle up my sleeve for this, but I know how you like surprises, so that can wait I reckon.

Lovely.

See, I got my mojo risin'.

Eye of the Tiger.

Grrraaaahhhhh

La la laaaaa

No comments: