Wednesday 20 June 2012

Like A Bridge Over Still Waters

Well, today was a bit of a no-progress-due-to-real-life sort of day, which isn't awful in the granda-schema-maxima, but is kinda frustrating nonetheless..

Nice things that did happen were that the bridges I ordered for The Fabulous One arrived and whilst one was far too big and chunky of girth, the other was just about perfect. It is beautifully retro tinny looking too which is quite a bonus in itself.

I will need to adjust the string slot bits a little and maybe tweak the angle of the neck, but with it in-situ my two strings actually play with a half decent action, so that is cool. Hopefully I'll get the rest of it done this week as it would be nice to give it a blarrrst.

As for all the other bits 'n' bobs, well none of them arrived, so I don't have to feel guilty about ignoring them too.

One bonus with the Fab's bridge, is that it is the perfect size for The Ronin One (I think I said the ones I've tried haven't been great and I hadn't been able to find one to fit that was better. Until now.)

Obviously this is cool-in-excelsis, and so I shot off to Allparts' web site to order another, but it was out of stock. Starting to think that my little Marauder should have been call The Cursed One.

Heh ho.

At least I know it is possible, if not probable now.

So really, I'm looking at tomorrow now. I can put The Fabulous One back together again, and then spend Friday fixing whatever I mess up. That's no bad, I can live with that.

La la laaa

No comments: