Tuesday 26 June 2012

Lippy, Powder and Slap

Well, I was really rather chuffed to see a nice Mojo-esque parcel waiting for me yesterday, for I knew what not that what and which I would do, as it were.

I did know it was coming - Marc told me he had posted it on Friday - but there is always a wee buzz when something comes from Mojo as it is always good.

So far, anyway.

Don't want the boy to stop trying, know what I mean?

Anyway, I knew this was going to have another of his Broadcaster Tele pickups, which I've raved about before and got funny looks when I've said it knix it against a Bare Knuckle Brown Sugar (the pickup formerly known as the best in Tele-dom). But nonetheless, I know that will sound good, so that is cool and Jesus wants me for a penguin.

The other bit in the package was a lovely prewired harness/loom to go with the pickup in my The JoBo One Telemaster. This is the fabled Esquire setup where one pickup gets three tones, and I'm looking forward to trying it.

I have to admit, I've tried such things before and not been overly impressed as everything sounded a bit woollyboymuffled, but that wasn't with this pickup - which will be raw - and not with Marcy boy wiring it, instead of me, which you could say might make a slight teensy weeny difference, if you were going to be cruella de jour and hurt my feelings. Assuming I had any left.

But anyway, the rest of the guitar is ready so these just need installing and we should be in pink paisley clover.

So, given my new realism, and the dawning of the third period of enlightenment, I'm aiming for this to be done by the end of the week. In the hope that I won't upset myself further with deep seated knowledge of my own failings and failure.

Or if I don't cock it up, it might be ready for a proper introduction later today. You never can tell even if you can usually guess.

Other than The JoBo One, I'm aiming to kick on with The Travellin' Man One this week as it is about the only one that doesn't need woodwork and I am seriously scared of the router now. And I think it will be fun, but more on that baby laters.

As for the rest of the week, well if I can find a router without homicidal tendencies, I will hopefully get on with the woodwork. If not I might have to start making bodies out of matchsticks, vinegar and brownish paper.

So, to the soldering iron and my pink heaven


La la laaaa

No comments: