Monday 25 June 2012

Pinkies and Lemons...

Well, end of the day excitement. Another magical package of cool stuff arrived today from Marc at Mojo - a nice Broadcaster pickup and Esquire wiring loom for The JoBo One. Can't wait to sort that one out tomorrow as it feels a long time coming for some reason.

But the fun never stopped there, oh no by gum, there was also a lovely, tres bon de lovely Vintage Lemon Drop Les Paul-a-like, for me to practise the bit of Black Magic Woman I can remember on with proper hollow middle soundedness.

And very cheerfilled to play it is too. The foney relic job is less annoying than I expected and it doesn't have that tacky shininess I've always hated about Epis. So in summary I'm rather pleased.

Typically it seems to have had a jiggle or three on it's way as one of the pickups didn't initially work, but a drop of solder or three sorted that out, so no big deal. No doubt I'll be flogging it in a fortnight, but nice it is, so I be pleased at the mo.

And that was that in truth. Not a lot achieved but set-up nicely for the morrow methinks.

La la laaa


No comments: