Monday 11 June 2012

Looking Good if you Squint

Well, tis the last day of the current school holibobs, so lots of chasing around finding stuff discarded and since well disguised.

The JoBo One is dry and has holes cut out, and a little shopping saw me catch a hand-filled-full with old LPs and 12" singles, so I will hopefully be able to make at least one decent 'plate. Well, it would be nice. If not I'll just scratch a spiral onto some black plastic.

I have got this whole dilemma going on about whether I should be using a 'good' record, and ruining it in the process, or a 'bad' one and then ending up with a guitar featuring a Val Doonican scratchplate on it with all that suggests - cardigans, mainly - about the maker/player/man next door to the chippy.

But then I thought that if I'm going to cover the label up it doesn't matter anyway. Record company gold discs aren't usually the record being celebrated, so...well, whatever.

As for the coming week, I want to get The JoBo One sorted, of course, but I think The Fabulous One has got to get moving. I still haven't got a proper tailpiece, though I have everything else, including a lovely stuck-on-a-lump-of-rosewood bridge, so it really is only being delayed by me. So there we are.
This week I need to at least try to start being Fab, if nothing else.

My other challenge is to try an decide what pickups to put into my old Gordo which is looking a trifle disgruntled and sort of naked in it's lack of noisemakingness. I did have something lined up, but then ran out of money again and the boat was missed, but such is life. It is making me play The Raspberry Ripple One, which is good. Or was until somebody bought it (I think). Either way, I am neglecting my Jazzmaster at the mo' for some reason as I'm in a bit of a 'bucker mood recently, which is odd, but there we are.

But anyway, hopefully tomorrow will start warming the motor of progress's diesel engine. A bit Soviet-Bloc and clanky, but then so am I in sooo many ways.

La la laaa-ski

No comments: