Sunday 3 June 2012

Hunting and a Gathering Virtually

The Jobo One - A Telemaster on a bed of paisley pink
Well, somehow The Raspberry Ripple One gone and got fettled, I'm still not quite sure how, and to play it is to lurve it. Well, I think so anyway.

In fact, a small plea - PLEASE DON'T BUY IT.

There, that was subtle.

But anyway, where was I? Well, obviously the rest of the weekend is going to be Jubilicious as I am the Queen's #1 fan and all, but it doesn't stop me thinking about what happens next, and so I have been. So lock me in the bloody tower, seef I care.

With holibobs once more precluding woodwork, it is The JoBo One I'm aiming to do over the next couple of weeks. As it happens I'm a bit light in the parts department, but I have the Telemaster body, I have pink paisley and I have various lots of gubbins. After that, well, I need all the other parts.

Still, the hunter-gathering is half of the fun, and my current shopping list reads:

1. A neck. I'm thinking maple/maple for the twang is the thang,

2. A bridge. It has to be a full monty Tele one I fear, all brass saddles and steel of plate,

3. Control plate. I've actually got a Mojo harness already, so I just need the plate and knobs,

4. Scratchplate, I'll have to make that. Luckily Simon included some plastic gubbins for me to use,

5. Pickups. I am a bit undecided on these. On one hand I fancy doing an Esquire with a Mojo Broadcaster at the bridge. Actually, that sounds good. On the other I could maybe find a TV Jones or PAF and put it at the neck. Dunno, can't decide really, but time will tell.

6. Tuners. I really like Grovers at the moment, so I'm going for a set of those.

7. Screws, strap pins, and other bits 'n bobbins.

Hmmm, sounds quite a list. Still, all good fun.

La la laaa

No comments: