Tuesday 5 June 2012

Pink Sunshine

Well, top excitement as far as The JoBo One goes, as believe it or not I've got off my rear long enough to sort out all of the parts - with the exception of the pickup, unsurprisingly - and they should arrive this week with a bit of luck and all usual robbin'-postie-get proviso bobbins.

For the record, it is an alder bodied Telemaster that is going to be hot bubblegum pink paisley-ified, it'll have a lovely maple/maple neck, and will be a single pickup'd Esquire.

There, it sounds so simple when I say it like that.

As for the sticky point of the pickup, well Mr Mojo's lovely Broadcaster is still the best Tele pup I've ever heard, so it isn't a tricky choice to make. Just got to remember to speak to the chap.

"Remember;" Ah, something else that sounds so easy when you say it quick.

>>.>>>> Musical Interlude - Bit of Fuzzbox, if you were wondering <<<<<<<<

OK, that was easy, just emailed Mr Mojo and he is going to do me a nice Esquire wiring loom as well as the pickup. Lovely. The thought of sticking capacitors into dark places left me somewhat cold, it has to be said and it'll work this way, of course, which is always a bonus.

(Why do I feel I've said those exact words before? Hmm, probably the last time I got a Mojo harness. Must try harder to be original. Unless I've said that too, in which case Fla-di-dooo-la-li-par-fo-si-me-rayy-n-booo.)

*cough*

Other than the bits for my main man JoBo, I also got a tailpiece sorted out for The Fabulous One, which will come in handy to hold the strings on, I expect. I even remembered to stock up on supplies of bronze, iron and copper paint as they always come in handy too, and even even even more oddly, thought to meself that I should buy some paint brushes as finger-painting the home brew acid plays havoc with the nails, sugar, not to mention the NHS waiting lists, and who wants to sit melting on a trolley on a Bank Holiday? Eh, who? Not me, that's for sure..

It is that kind of attention to detail that separates me from so many other acid-splattering-junk-modelling-guitar-pimpers, let me tell you.

So basically, and in a summary of sorts, I'm again waiting for the postie. I've flogged all my guitars (Jazzmaster and Gordo-in-tatters, apart), and so am revived and enthused once more, (perhaps even renewed? who can truly say), for the fight ahead.

I have piles of wood, loads of bits 'n' bobs and a pile of Lego.

What more can a Jooky Boy want?

I think we may be slowly edging into Jooky phase 2, a brighter world with less confusion and contusions, less shade and cherryade and well, something interesting for me to rabbit on about. I need a nap now.

La la laaaa

p.s. Sadly Fuzzbox had tried to turn into Bananarama by this point, but I've always liked this song..

No comments: