Friday 15 June 2012

Fabulously B Movie-ish

Stained Ash. Shocking In It's Simple-ness
Well, the lacquer is dry on the back of The Fabulous One, and I noticed I'd 'nicked' the front so I have filled that and sanded it back. I almost feel like I know what I'm doing at times.

Anyway, once that was done I gave it a couple of coats of copper on top, and then got creative with the House Home Brew Concoction. Hopefully, that will be dry and get lacquered over the weekend and be ready for it's nuptials next week.

With nowt else to do then, I thought I'd do something a little different today and instead stained and then sanded back the Swampy Ash Tele body I mentioned. The B Movie One, as it will forever now be known.

In a shocking turn of events, I'm going to go for a (shhh - don't tell anybody) pretty plain finish - wax, and then do something more Jookified around the edges.

I'm really not sure what I'm thinking of - far too simple for one such as I - but there we are. Jookies, also available in beige, before you know it. Quite worrying, in truth.

Corroded Copper - Bit Trickier, I Must Say
I have to say, I've never done this before, and scared myself to death when I put the black stain on and it looked like a puddle of Cherry Blossum, but once it had dried and been sanded back it looked rather nifty. A couple more goes with an 'Oak' flavoured stain and I was happy enough and so I've moved on to a nice wax finish. I did ponder going for a hard wax oil, but really I want this to be a bit of a soft-sheen experience, although it'll have a few 'touches' around the edges, I'm sure.

Obviously, I'm getting in touch with a previously unknown subtle side and I'm not a little shocked, it has to be declared, but it is good not to be predictable, don't you think?

As I haven't actually got any other parts for this one at all, it might be a while before I mention it again, of course, but there we are.

La la laaa


No comments: