Saturday 23 June 2012

Getting Started On The Travellin' Man

Well, as I am officially waiting-for-parts, and in-need-of-a-router-not-designed-to-maim-me, I am a little jobless on the Jooky front, so I am tempted to start on the body of The Travellin' Man One come Monday as you wouldn't believe how long ago this one was meant to be getting of going.

OK, you might.

This, I'm sure I mentioned before, is one of those rarities where I'm making it for somebody, which is nice as I won't be tripping over it afterwards, but a bit different in that I want Patrick - said geezer - to like it. Not 'want' enough to stop me doing whatever I feel like doing with it at any given moment, but you know what I mean.

From the top it is a bit of a HSS superstrat kinda deal using one of the Fusion bodies I got from Simon before he put himself into Cryogenic mothballs. I've managed to find a nice neck which is already overdue, but I'm sure will arrive one day, and it is going to have a couple of Stratty pickups and a hot humbucker that can be split in all those familiar places.

Actually, I'm sure I've explained this before, so excuse the repetition, and the fact that I can't be arsed to check.

After that it is the usual good quality bits n bobs to nail on and it will be lovely.

Of course there is the small matter of the finish, which could be fun, and I'm thinking it might be nice to mix it up a wee bit, so I'm thinking paisley with gold leaf, rusted iron, corroded copper and bronze with a nice burnt wood veneer on top. Oh, and sprinkles. Never forget the sprinkles.

Saying that though, as he will maybe want to play it - I include somewhere dark in that - maybe that is a tad much and I should simplify.

We'll see though. Come the glory-filled day.

La la laaaa

2 comments:

H said...

Great stuff as usual.
Interesting what you said about the gold leaf, I bought a few books of gold and bronze the other day (alloy stuff - not 22 carat)and I'm thinking Gustav Klimt, early 20th century European avant guarde...if you get my drift.
I see a bit of Steampunk in your designs too.

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Looking forward to seeing that Harvey.

I love the Steampunk vibe, but it's kinda been done a bit to death now... Think I'm more Mad Max :o)