Wednesday 6 June 2012

Trundling Along Like Dean Moriarty

Well, brats-stop-play, as expected around here, but I've been plotting and planning future projects after having a proper look thru my recently acquired Stash. I've already mentioned the Telemaster body I got from young Simon which will become with all aplomb The JoBo One, but there was also a Strattish kinda body too, which I've been thinking about.

I'm guessing this is Alder (though I'll ask him to find out for sure - I'm hopeless at spotting wood that isn't mahogany, maple or ash - they all look the same to me) and it is more curvy and slightly thinner than the Fender template. Something kinda Super, I guess, or maybe Showmastery.

I am sooo verily expertish indeedy.

Anyway, I've been looking for the right body for a guitar I have wanted to make for a friend of mine for a long time now, and I think this could just be perfect for it. It is routed for HSS which I think is bang-on with lots of scope for multi-tonal-goodness and the boy likes a trem so that fits too.

As for the finish, I'll have to have a think about that, but I reckon it should be something special after all this time and maybe I'll mix it up a wee bit and see what happens..

Pickup-wise, I'm thinking a hotter PAF type at the bridge and a good couple of Strat pickups in the middle and at the neck. Coil-tapping the 'bucker giving us all the classic tones with a bit of oomph when needed.

Which probably means two lipsticks and something that sounds like a sitar by the time I get that far, but there we go. I don't suppose it would come as a surprise to anybody if I happened to change my mind once-or-thrice.

So that's The Travellin' Man One, coming sometime in the future, somewhere near you.

La la laaa



No comments: