Tuesday 26 June 2012

Introducing: The JoBo One

Well, I'm pleased to introduce you to The JoBo One, which from the start I should point out is NOT a Joe Bonamassa signature guitar. It is an ugly rumour (that I may have started), and it frankly isn't true.

What it is, is an imagining of the guitar I think Joe would play, if he was to play a Jooky, and the imagining I thought about was that it would most probably be during his yet-to-happen Surfing-in-Vegas period. You may say I'm jumping the gun, but I like to be prepared and all good things come to he who waits and well, there we are. It is all only a matter of time anyway.

But to the guitar.

As you can hopefully see The JoBo One is a stunningly cool, pink paisleyified Telemaster, complete with a Beach Boys record hand chopped into the shape of a scratchplate, with a nice alder body from Fusion (you'll have to trust me on that as you can't see that bit) and a maple neck.

The ashtray bridge comes with a cover to flick your ash into (does anybody know if JB smokes, I wonder?) and underpinning it all is one of Marc at Mojos stunningly uber cool Broadcaster pickups, with Ye Olde Worlde Esquire wiring giving three highly useful tones to play with.

The fotos show it with a set of Gretsch knobs, which is kinda your black tie version, but it will also come with a set of knobs made from Craps Dice from the Sands hotel for when you are hitting-the-Strip. They just haven't arrived yet and I got carried away.

And there we are.

As to how it plays, well it has all the twangy surfedness you could hope for, but the grimy dirt of a Tele that we know and lurve. A tankful of reverb and you can spank Dick Dale's booty and tweak Duane Eddy's nose with a plum. Or maybe aplomb. (Are you taking notes Joe?)

Add a touch of the dirty fuzzy stuff and you are instantly transferred to Pixies, Monkey Heaven and from there on in it is sex on a sticky stick. Pure unadulterated, unashamed, filth. And you don't even need to take anybody on a one-way trip into the desert to cover it up afterwards. Cool.

So there we are, I'm happy now.

La la laaaa 











No comments: