Monday 18 June 2012

WIP: The Fabulous and B Movie Ones

Don't Leave Your Records
In The Oven Mrs Worthington
Well, I know a lot of peeps read this blog and worry that my slick approach to making my Jooky babies raises the bar so high that it really isn't worth trying themselves. And I can understand that and sympathise. I realise how lucky I am to have been born with such a gift, and believe me when I say it brings it's own pressures.

So I thought I should show you that yes, even I can make life hard for myself and if not quite show myself to be fallible, well, perhaps hint at a teeny weeny chink in the old armour.

So when I say I may have left a record a little long in the oven while making a scratchplate for The B  Movie One, I hope that makes life, if not quite worthy of living, then perhaps a touch more endurably bearable.

Though, who hasn't wanted to do that to Brothers In Arms and Rumours?

Anyway, The B Movie One now boasts a nice vinyl pickguard, and I'm rather pleased to say that the paisley binding of The Fabulous One is done too - lacquer drying as I type.

I tussled with myself over this as to be honest it looked very nice thank-you-very-much without it, but I thought it might add a little something and it will be easy to remove if I don't like it. Well, maybe.

Obviously I could have gone for perfectly perpendicularly aligned smooth lines, but instead I went more windy and wyndy. It would have looked silly otherwise.

And as the thievin basket posty showed-up, The Fabulous One is now neck attached and has a lovely tailpiece and bridge (which looks a little high to me, but we'll see later on like). Tis looking good

As for chopping wood, well I had another fight with my router and to be totally honest I just about convinced myself that it is blinkin' impossible, the router bucks like a, err, bronco, and the bit seems to slide up and down at random and generally having to hold it one handed while I turn the power on as the on-off switch doesn't work is a tad tiresome too.

So in a fit of fed-up-ness, I borrowed a different router from the chap up the road, and which was loads easier and actually, well, cut the bits of wood I wanted. So for once, bad workman though I may be, I think I can safely say that this tool is garbage and I am justified in blaming all of my woes on the little £$%^&*(.

There, got that off my chest. So now I need a new router. Do not pass go, do not spend anywhere near £200 as you are brassic as per.

So in summary, don't feel inadequate in Jookyland, there really is no need whatso,and with a bit of luck I might be getting some strings onto The Fabulous One tomorrow, assuming that the pot and socket go thru the F-hole still, now that I've covered it with gubbins.

La la laaaaaa




The B Movie One Gets
A Record Breaking Pickguard Thing

Ooh, Looks At Those Grooves
(OK, Only One And It Is A Spiral, But...)

Paisley Bound Fabulous

Now With Bridge and Tailpiece, Blimey

2 comments:

Dickinstein said...

Absolutely love the fabulous one mark .Love the front and side contrast, wish I was paid in money and not food/toy tokens for children .....

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Cheers Andy... Must admit it is all a bit of a shot in the dark as nothing seems to line-up without work, but there we be. I'm chuffed with the finish though :)