Sunday 1 July 2012

Raymond No Burr

Well, I'm feeling the love now as far as The Raymond One goes, but I've had a change of heart and have decided against putting the veneer on it, as basically I don't think it would work (aesthetically) with this paisley.

I know, I know it kinda kills the whole 'Raymond Burr' thing, in the same way that deciding not to put the Pearly Gates pickup in The Pearly Dewdrop One fails to amuse too, but there we are.

So, I've snapped up another swamp ash Tele body which is going to get corrosion plus veneer instead, which makes more sense I feel.

Told you I was inconsistent, most of the time.

As for the pickup-things, I'm coming around to the idea of going for a single 'bucker with some smart leccybobbins to give some different tones. I loved the Mojo Wide Ranger and I think that would be perfect for The Raymond One.

There, a decision, imagine that on a Sunday and all?

I also think I'll do my final vinyl record scratchplate, though I think I should find a picture disk or maybe a clear or coloured vinyl one. Which might take some charity shop shopping to sort out. It needs to be something groovy and cool, so that might kill my chances somewhat. And have something to do with Raymond. Hmmm. Been better with Arnold and gone the Pink Floyd route. Still, there we be.

Raymondo has had a good lacquering now anyway, so that be good. Should be dry by Monday, even if nowt else has been sorted out.

As for other stuff this coming week, Raymondo will soon be in parts-a-waiting hell, so I'll be moving on The Travellin' Man One tomorrow and getting that looking lovely. Oh, and I'm planning on sorting a T Shirt out while I'm at it too.

La la laaaa


No comments: