Tuesday 10 July 2012

Jooky Is FIFTY - Introducing The B Movie One

Well, I'm pleased to be able to introduce you to the Fiftieth Jooky Guitar ever, which probably amazes you as much as me.

As you can no doubt see, I've avoided just about everything I've done on the other 49 and it is in fact worryingly grown-up. Don't worry though, it will no doubt be an exception.

But I am pleased to introduce you to The B Movie One, a Jooky version of Fender's La Cabronita Especial, which I have to say is rather beautiful. Biased I may be, but for once I don't think you'll argue.

From the top, it is a swamp ash bodied beauty, that has been stained and sanded back to show off the grain before getting waxed to a dull sheen. It feels absolutely lovely and the maple/maple neck is a total joy. Not too big, but you know it is there.

As for the rest, it has a nod to Jookidom in the shape. of a scratchplate cut out of an old record, and will have a matching control cavity when I get around to it. And probably a better knob.

Obviously, the first Custom shop La Cabs featured TV Jones pickups, and lovely though they are, I wanted something a bit different (as per), and once again Young Master Marc at Mojo Pickups has stretched the boundaries of reality and managed to wind me some of the hot-sexiest P90 pickups I've ever played, and squeezed them into a teeny footprint.

I truly don't know how he does it, but these pickups sound amazingly cool and richly sordid all at the same time. The fact that they look so good helps too, uncovered and Tele-like string wound.

On top of this is a Mojo wiring harness which is as good as ever, Kluson style tuners and a six-saddle hard tail bridge.

So in summary, this is number 50, and wicked with it.

La la laaaa








1 comment:

Ed said...

I don't care who, I don't care how, we need soundclips/a video of this one.