Friday 6 July 2012

Introducing: The Old E One

Well, in one of those desperate end-of-week flurries of conscience, with the weekend's fetid breath up my sporran, I got my finger out this morning and did something other than drink coffee.

Firstly, I finished lacquering the top of The Betty Blue One. This will get a veneer next week (assuming I can fight off my 'but it looks nice as it is' self-demotivation) and I'm thinking all may well be cool with baby blue.

That only took a few minutes, so whereas I'd normally claim that as a days (weeks) work, I kept my finger on the pedal and pulled the trigger with by foot flat to the floor, and generally got on with The Old E One.

So may I introduce to you, my latest trick... She is an alder bodied Strat with a quite scarily beautifilled rusted finish.

Maple/rosewood neck and all the rest of the bobbins.

The pickup is a lush Gretsch 'bucker and to keep things simple, a volume knob.

And as to how it sounds, well when I used the matching neck pickup in The BDSM One, I was well impressed and this one is equally so. Loads of twangy cleans - almost Tele-like in truth - but yet with a bit more of the dirty stuff it just purrs. And as I just treated myself to an old Tonebender, it sounds stunning thru that. If I can find meself a cowboy hat, I'll be Texan Flooding in all bar name, birthplace, accent and oil.

Oh, and talent.

So in summary, I'm well pleased.

As for the rest of the day, well, Betty will be damp until the new week, so looking at my to-do list for this week, I'm light on a scratchplate for The Raymond One and a Haut D'Jook T Shirt. I'm still thinking about that, but I think a bit of a trial is in order.

Laters dearies

La la laaa








No comments: