Wednesday 25 July 2012

Ronin To Raymondo

Well, that was a bit of a scurry of a flurry of excitement earlier on, and I am loving The Ronin One. It is much better than I thought it would be and it has some great sounds in there. I can't quite make up my mind whether I prefer the single coil or the 'bucker, but together they are excellently lovable.

It's always an odd moment when I finish a guitar - especially when there have been so many twists as there has been with this one - as I have this moment where I love it, and then one where I'm not sure if it is as good as I think and I'm almost looking around for approval, then finally I play it for an hour or two and know. And this time, I really love everything about it.

In many ways it reminds me of the Sonex, though that had PAFs in and wasn't as tonally interesting as The Ronin One, but the neck is just a total joy. Lovin' it.

I've come to the conclusion that sound-wise it is somewhere between a Les Paul and a Tele Custom - with the Wide Range Humbuckers. Definitely has that sound when both pickups are mixed together.

As to what is next, well I'm aiming to get The Raymond One fettled before the end of the week, so with a bit of luck I might just get that started later today or tomorrow at least. That really just needs a couple of holes drilled and then a bit of soldering and screwing and we're in happyland. Though to be honest, if I'd been offered The Ronin One's completion over the course of the six-weeker, I'd have probably taken it.

La la laaaaa

No comments: