Monday 30 July 2012

Raymond-A-Go-Go


Well, I decided that I'd like The Raspberry Ripple One to go to a new home, and the long-and-short of it is that it is off to a young lad in the North West, which is pretty cool. I would have been quite happy playing it every day, but them rules are there for a reason, and I figured somebody was telling me something about that wee guitar so it is off to a new home in the frozen north. It's a zen-thing..

I also opened the case of The Fabulous One, and I don't quite understand it but the neck is pretty twisted. I've never seen one like it before, though when I twisted the truss rod it sounded like a bag of spanners, which might explain something. Even so, it looks most bizarre, I've never seen that happen before.. You live, you learn.

Anyway, as somebody else is obviously also telling me something about this one too, I've decided I'm going to replace the neck. I am also thinking about putting an old school horseshoe trem on while I'm at it, but we'll have to see how it goes. Nice to play it again though, even if the low E is 3cm off the 'board now.

The Raymond One is also off on it's travels, so this is going to be a week of courier hell again, but there we be. So The Ronin, Raymond and Raspberry Ripple Ones all need to be sent, I'm not sure I can cross that many fingers at the same time.

As for The Fallen One, well I think something special is going to be happening with this beaut, so I need to get my act together and sort it out, pronto, Tonto. Which means routing and staining and waxing and well, everything elseing.

Busy times, these holidays be.

La la laaa

No comments: