Thursday 26 July 2012

National Raymondo Day

Well, and so it was that yesterday's high point was indeed the finishing and playing of The Ronin One, and what a little lovely it is. I think I played it for three hours straight last night and a tweak here and there, it just sounds excellent and feels beautiful in-the-mitt, as it were.

Ah the benefit of sick kids sleeping on the settee.

Actually, can't think of another one.



But all that love must be put aside today, as I brace myself to (shock) use an electric drill and somehow manage to (horror) use it to make some (surely not) holes in The Raymond One.

I know, there is truly no start to my talents.

The first hole is hopefully simple as it just needs to be between the pickup and the control panel rout thing. I won't say I could do it with my eyes closed as I may feel obliged to try it. But hopefully it won't be too tricky.

The other hole is for the jack socket to be fixed into, which is a bit bigger and so I will drill it twice, once to make sure I'm doing it in the right place, with a teensy drill bit, and then another with a big momma of a bit, just to make sure.

"Drill twice, measure afterwards to see if you got it in the right place",
my new mantra. I like to be professional about such things.

After that it is sewing it together, soldering things into place and generally going out to buy some strings as I seem to have run out again. How? I really don't know.

As for other stuff, I seem to have been banned from Ebay for three days. Apparently, if a guitar has Gibson pickups in it and you happen to mention the fact, they kick you off for infringing copyright. Obviously I should have said it was a Gibson guitar copied in China, because that must be OK as they never seem to do a lot about that sort of thing or 'Fender Custom Shop' guitars with Squier trems and, and, and...oh, it isn't worth worrying about, is it?

La la laaa

No comments: