Wednesday 25 July 2012

Of Ronin and Snotty Pickups

Well, halfway thru week one of the holibobs and other than a vaguely working washing machine, not a lot to show for it. I've done bits 'n' bobs but no banana, so I'm going to have a proper go today and see what happens.

I know I've been saying it for ages, but today I am going to finally finish The Ronin One.

There, I've said it again.

And I kept my face straight.

But this time is different, honest it is. I've done the nut so it plays lovely, and I even removed the blend pot and screwed the 3-way-switch into place, so by my reckoning it just needs a bit of solder and we'll be there. Ultimately, it has to be that simple, doesn't it?

Just once.

Please

Assuming that works out, the rest of the week is destined to be about finishing The Raymond One. That too needs a touch of solder, but first it needs some holes drilled for wires to pass thru. Assuming I get those drilled today or tomorrow, we should be in the quid seats with that finitoed this week too.

I'm looking forward to it, what with the Stratty trem and Mojo Wide Range pickup, it should be something cool methinks.

And I really do need to get these sorted as this holibob is meant to be dedicated to making my lass her own guitar - The Lightning Dragon - and most of the parts should arrive anytime nowish. Well, the ones I've remembered to organise, anyway.

She is (soon to be) six, so it is going to be short scale thanks to a nice Duo Sonic neck Mr Mojo donated to the cause and a Strat body and, well, that's it so far. Better get with it, thinking about it.

As for the Jazzymaster goodness of The Fallen One, well I've done no more, but Mr Mojo sent me a foto of one of the pickups, which has had a quite strange reaction to being aged. It has gone a funny colour.

See, it happens to the best of us, so what chance have I got?

Nice to see the extremely Mojo-laden plug hole, mind.

Ever the professional that boy.

La la laaa

No comments: