Tuesday 3 July 2012

Rustifying The Old E One - Part Uno

Rustification
For The Err, Nation
Well, in my usual manner I seem able to cock things up without even trying. I came to pack The Fabulous One away in it's shiny new case, and unfortunately they sent me one for a big ol' jazz box, so my thinline baby was just balancing precarious-like on the neck rest like a see-saw.

Ho hum.

Elsewhere, things are simpler... You probably think it looks as though it has snowed, but under the gunk is the front of The Travellin' Man One as the back is pretty much complete (all bar the lacquer). I should have taken a foto of that, of course, but there we are. Too late now.

I've also started on the rust-fest that will be The Old E One, though I've just realised that I forgot to remember to think about starting to rust the scratchplate too. This is going to be a whole mess of corrosion with a Gretsch bucker to break it all up. And maybe strings and a bridge too, but you can't have it all.

But there we are, another rainy day in the land of Jook

La la laaa


After The Storm


1 comment:

H said...

Hi Jooky,
Just wondering, do you cut your own top nuts for your necks, or do you buy them in ready cut?
I'm just curious about this part of the build process as I always have a few problems with this myself...so fiddly!
Any chance of a post on the top nut process in the future?
Cheers