Friday 27 July 2012

Blues for Betty

Mojo P90 - Telecaster Bridge Pup Sized
Cooool
Well, I've been having a further ponder about The Betty Blue One, my beautifully bashed walnut burr veneered Tele, and have come to a couple of conclusions.

Firstly, Marc at Mojo has sent me a pretty piccy of the Telecaster-shaped P90, which will come with a nice Esquire-esque wiring loom to get the best out of the single pup and all that. So sounds are covered. The boy does good, all over again.

In fact he has blogged The-Making-Of-The-T90 Here and it is worth a look.

As for the neck, well I've got a couple of nice ones on the way, so I'll be able to choose between a rosewood and a maple board, which is nice. I'm thinking rosewood at the moment, but tomorrow, who can really tell which way the wind will be blowing.

None of which is rocking horse science, of course.

Where I want to try something a little different is in the shape of the bridge. Now I've never really messed about other than in passing with Bigsbys before, but Old Honey has been a bit of an eye-opener and I love it rather so.

So I was thinking it would be nice to go for a Trem on Betty. And as luck would have it, Denis Diaz of Diaz Guitars - more about their Ghost sometime soon -  pointed me at a new trem GFS in the US of A have brought out, the Xtrem, which will sit on top of a Tele with no big concerns but solves a few of the Bigsby quirks along the way.

You can also get a matching Tele bridge plate thing, which would be handy, it has to be said. And this looked all verily worthy of a try, so I'm going to give Betty Blue a face filled with metal work.



And sad though it may be, it is all a bit exciting.

I know, I truly should get out more.

So that is Betty Blue, in other news, I really don't know what to do now.

La la laaa

2 comments:

ddlooping said...

T'wasn't Alex, t'was me. :P
http://www.musicradar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111987

The Jooky Guitar Emporium said...

Ah, sorry Denis - I should have known :) - I'll correct forth and with :)