Wednesday 11 July 2012

Jookylicious Baby

Well, I did finish The B Movie One in the end, and crafted a neat little cavity cover out of the B Side of the same record, and jolly nice it looks too. As I was in-the-zone, as it were, I also did the pickguard for The Raymond One, though I am still waiting for the record for The Travellin' Man One, so that will have to be another day.

Other than chopping records up, I thought today could be a good day to finally make a Haut D'Jook T Shirt, or at least see if I can. So I've done one based on The JoBo One to see how it looks. Or more to the point, see what is left once it has been washed, I guess. I'll do a before and after later if you are really interested. Actually, I'll do it whether you are or not.

This is what it looks like at the moment prior to something biological.

While I was cooking old records, I took some advice (not for the first time) from luthier-extraordinary Wez Venebles and made myself a new fruit bowl out of an old Simple Minds record. We always struggle with the bananas you see, you can't put them in with the other fruit without sending it bad, so this could prove to be a godsend. I don't think it can be an official Jooky though, so don't expect it in the Hall of Fame just yet.

And the award for the best use of a
Simple Minds Record Goes...Bananas
It does strike me that I should get on with old Raymondo though. I basically need a Strat trem thing, a pickup, wiring stuff and that is about it. So not too much in truth at all. Hmmm...

As for the rest of the day, who knows... I am only one man after all, and a T Shirt a fruit bowl, scratchplates...well, it takes it's toll. I am toll-less.

I've got to work out how to use the washing machine now of course, that could take a while, has to be said...

La la laaaa

B Movie - NOw with Covered Cavities, Bless

Raymondo gets a Jimmy Reed 'plate



No comments: