Saturday 21 July 2012

Everything is Broken

You Smasha My Guitar
I Smasha Your Face
Well, not the best of times in Jookyland, I have to admit. First of all a courier manages to break the neck of my Raspberry Ripple One, despite hardcases and everything else - and I know what you are going to say about SGs and headstocks, but even so.

But then something definitely more Fenderish is my lovely La Cabronita - The B Movie One - which must have had a bit of a stomping as the top has cracked-in-transit and the volume pot has been half-buried into the body. I'm not even sure how you manage to do that while it is in a hardcase and a box.

I've got this mental image of some geezer in Totectors jumping off a pallet in a warehouse somewhere and seeing if he can manage to land buried up to his knees in well waxed Jooky.

And then The Fabulous One is coming back with a not-so-fab problem with it's neck.

*sigh*

So all in all, not verily happy about it all.

There, spleen vented. More insurance claims to enjoy.

Call me Mr Paranoid, but I am starting to think that it is personal.

Anyway, on the plus side of this mis-balanced sheet, I am rather pleased with the third coming of The Raspberry Ripple One as I've strung it up and it still plays and sounds lovely. I am however, beginning to think that maybe I shouldn't let my little Jookies out to play anymore, it's a lot safer here with me. Which let's face it, is slightly worrying.

As for other bobbins, the Jazzmaster trem-thing arrived for The Fallen One, as did some strap pins, a neck plate and some other bits I don't remember ordering. I already have a Mustang bridge, so somehow that means I am only in need of pickups and wiring, which Mr Mojo is going to sort out.

So basically, I need to make the neck pocket a tad deeper and deepen the pickup routs too as they are a tad on the light side. Oh and do the finish and put it all together.

None of which sounds horrendous if I say it quick.

What else? Well, I can get on with The Ronin One at last, which is nice, and I'm already thinking about re-working The Fabulous One with a Bigsby and a new neck if that is what it needs.

And, and...sometimes this all gets a bit complicated and I feel quite tired.

Yours, feeling slightly sorry for myself, a little tattered and torn - sparrow-like,

La la laa

No comments: