Tuesday 31 July 2012

A Jooky Land of Confusion

Well, bit of a funny - bitty - kinda day.

For a start I have guitars lined-up awaiting couriers.

The Ronin One is err, Ronin away to the U.S of A.

Raymondo is going to Oxfordshire, and

The Raspberry Ripple One is off to a new life in the land of permanent sunshine that is Manchester.

I decided to give the Raspberry away in the end as I kept playing it as it played and sounded sooo very nice, but the Jooky Golden Rules are there for a reason. So it is a Zen thing, but hopefully a young lad will be deafening his old man from tomorrow ;)

As for other stuff, well I can't rout anything, so instead I've lacquered the body of The Travellin' Man One, and started to copperify the scratchplate for The Fallen One. The Travellin' Man One may seem to have dropped down the list, but the reality (honest Patrick) is that I'm still waiting for parts. Most annoying, but there we are. Some things shouldn't be rushed. I am going to do the scratchplate and get the pickups and wiring sorted out soon though.

As for The Fabulous One, I've decided that it is the truss rod that has broken - least it rattles and clangs when I shake the guitar, and whilst I should probably take the fretboard off and replace it, I really can't be arsed and instead will just get a new neck.

All of which brings me to another awaiting parts, but less than before - The Betty Blue One. Mr Mojo being his usual efficient self sent me the Tele P90 (T90 - remember?) and wiring loom for it. Which is cool. I have a neck and bridge/trem on order so that should come together nicely. Unfortunately I seem to have under-trimmed the veneer a little as neither the pickup or control plate fit, but that is easy enough, even for me.

So there we are..

La la laaaa

No comments: