Thursday 26 July 2012

Dragons and Telecasters

Even Yellow Dragons Have To Start Somewhere
Well, not quite a cigar shaped like a banana, but I'm pleased to report that The Raymond One has been drilled, wired and generally put-together-again, and I'm rather happy.

I even managed to get some strings - I know, I'm shocked too - and it sounds absolutely beautiful.

I'll do a proper introduction tomorrow though, when I find the camera and stop twanging the whammy bar (is that right?)

So basically, I will somehow have finitoed two Jookies in the first week of the holibobs, which is rather amazing, but thinking about it is probably down to wall-to-wall Spongebob to escape from and not being able to have my little nap of an afternoon.

The obvious question is 'What next?' even if it is just me asking it, and I think the answer is likely to be a combination of my lass's Lightning Dragon which now seems destined to be having polka dots as well as lightning and dragons, gold leaf and yellow and orange paint, and err, something else.

The bright and cheery Lightning Dragon is likely to be a bit of a departure from my norm, but there we are. Makes a nice change.

There is a dedicated Dragon Guitars blog up and available now if you want to follow the progress and devastation Here. In fact The Fire Dragon was the first guitar I ever made, a couple of years ago now and no doubt you'll see that all taste was left at the starting line.

I am a little gutted though. I found a lovely maple scratchplate with a real mother of pearl dragon inlayed into it, from Vietnam on Ebay, which would have looked perfect, but oh no, not a hope.

Who'd want that sort of thing?

I should have known better than to suggest such bobbins.

It could be a long, hot summer.

Anyway, the body arrived today and won't need much jiggling to make the neck work, so that is good.

Other than that, I'm really going to have to brave the router and do something about The Fallen One aren't I? I can see it coming.

La la laaaa

No comments: