Saturday 31 March 2012

Tiswas Day

Hmm..battered veneer on my Coronado...Maybe?
Well, bit of a clamped squid of an end to the week. Nothing showed-up of any use, and apart from playing with the frets and rather dry fretboard of The Tatty Adonis One there hasn't been too much to distract me. I just know that everything I've been waiting for will arrive first thing on Monday morning when I have a fortnight to look-but-don't-touch.

But what can you do?

CCCRRRYYY III TTTEEELLL TTTHHHEEEEEEEEE

Phew, that's better.

So where am I?

1. The Fabulous One - Body coming from Mojo-land, rest of the bits here already, just need to add a bit of bottle and make some sawdust. (There may be a touch more to it than that.) Half tempted to put a veneer on it after seeing this piccy, mind.

2. The Ronin One - Got it all, just need to drill new bridge post holes, which I will do if the drill and plug cutter things ever arrive from La la land.

3. The Tatty Adonis One - Wiring from Mojo and a pile of other bits on their merry way too. Like I said, this is the-official-holibob-build, so with a bit of luck there might be something to see by Good Friday. (Why is it called Good Friday when the nailed him up? Never understood that...)

4. Chopping wood - waiting for router bits, some clamps and a child-free-environment, but I think it will be a while before I actually produce a body that could be usable, has to be said. Though man, once I get the hang of this, there is going to be some seriously weird shit going down. (ahem, well probably.)

Yep. think that is about it.

After that, who knows. I have still got some walnut burr veneer that I intended to put on a Tele, so that will probably happen sooner or later, and I fancy doing a proper Esquire, so that could tie together nicely. If The Fabulous One doesn't get Burred first. I've always cheated and hidden a stealthy neck pickup, but it would be nice to do-it-proper for once. Maybe walnut and paisley, Hmmm, who can say. I seem to have reawakened my paisley muse, for the odd and special occasion, but it's all about finding the fabric, man, dontchaknow....

But that is then, and yesterday finished with a no-show on the courier front before taking #1 Son to his first Rugby match. I think the last time I went was, ooh, thirty years ago or more, and I was a bit surprised to find that they don't pass humbugs around and sing roll out the barrel anymore.

A tootle and a blip.

La la laaa

No comments: